February 9, 2011 Leave a comment
I’m proud to announce that we’ve added a new tool to Redust called Redust Site-Audit. Redust Site-Audit is a tool that automates the process of repeatedly checking that your page is looking as good as possible to search engines.
Site-Audit will help you
- Discover all pages on your site
- Scan those pages for things that will lower your SERP (Search Engine Rank Page)
- Generate a comprehensive report of what was found on your pages
- Sort the pages from worst to best, so you’ll know what pages to start working on.
Based on Redust SEO-Rules
Redust Site-Audit is based on Redust SEO-Rules, a tool that scans individual pages for SEO rule violations, but Site-Audit is intended for entire sites with tens of pages to thousands of pages.
Most importantly, Site-Audit will help you quickly and easily find violations that may harm your entire site;
- Verify that the page hasn’t been flagged as malware by Google
- This can happen if someone hacks your site or uploads bad code in an open forum)
- Google will drop your page from it’s search result if this happens!
- Google may punish your entire domain if this happens
- Google may even drop your entire domain and all pages on your site
- Firefox will refuse to open your page
- Verify that the page hasn’t been flagged as phishing by Google
- Verify that the page doesn’t link to any pages that have been flagged as malware or phishing by Google
- Even if your page is clean, you’ll be guilty by association for linking
- Google may punish the SERP for your entire domain if you link to bad pages
- The linked page might have been safe when you added the link, but what if it’s been taken over by bad guys? How would you notice?
- Verify that the page doesn’t contain offensive or derogatory language – even in the source code
- Verify that the page doesn’t contain dead links to images/pages that have been removed